This is a measurement of the fullest part of your bust or body circumference at the bust. It is a body measurement which measures the circumference of a woman’s torso at the level of the breasts.
Wrap the tape around the fullest part of your bust and center the tape on your back so it’s levelled all the way around.
- This isn’t your bra size!
- Your arms should be relaxed, and down at your sides.
- Wear the bra you’re planning to wear with your dress when taking this.
This is a measurement of your natural waistline, or the smallest part of your waist.
Run tape around natural waistline, keeping tape parallel with floor. Bend to one side to find natural indentation in torso. This is your natural waist.
This is a measurement around fullest part of your buttocks.
Wrap tape around the fullest part of your hips, which is usually 7-9″ below your natural waistline. Keep tape parallel with floor all the way around.
Hollow to Hem (custom ordering only)
This is the distance from your hollow to the hem of the dress.
Long Dress Hollow to Hem(front hem) = Hollow to Floor + Shoes Height
Hold the measuring tape at your hollow while a friend pulls it down to the length you want your dress.
- When taking this measurement, stand straight with your feet together without wearing shoes.
- We define knee length as the area just below your knee caps. Measuring too high may result in a dress that is too short.